What could be the cause for severe PMS, acute depression, crying , anxiety, and restlessness?

Infertility Specialist
I am a female of 26 years . Recently have been experiencing severe PMS, starts with teh onset of Luteal Phase,prone to acute depression, severe crying , anxiety, stomacheache unwellnessness, restlessness I got my blood test done. HB: 10, PCV: 31 Recently got sexually active Severe PMS , starts from the onset of Luteal Phase, acute depression, prone to crying, mild to moderate stomachache, feeling of unwellness , anxiousness ,got blood test done, found to be anemic0 10 mg/dl, pcv:31 pls prescribe a solution for the same
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Analysis Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) You need to start iron tablets to correct anemia. Please consume foods rich in iron. example: dates, drumstick etc... Priority is to correct anemia. 2) Please stop intake of tea and caffeine as these increase PMS symptoms. 3) Do regular excercise for atleast one hour. You should do aerobic excercise. Run or walk fast for 5 km daily which increases your heart beat. This will release good hormones in body which reduce PMS symptoms. 4) Take multivitamin suppliments daily. These will help in improving some micronutrients which are deficient in body due to which PMS can occur. 5) I would like to know if there is any stress in life. Because stress leads to increased PMS symptoms. Any stress related to family problems, relationship issues, exam tension or career issues. These problems are very important to be solved as they exaggerate the PMS many folds. 6) You can start on oral contraceptive pills which balance hormones to a certain extent and reduce PMS symptoms. Let me know if there are anymore doubts Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol