What could be the cause for semen discharge during bowel movements?

Nephrologist
Question
Hello, i am 18 years old (male) and for a long time now, every time i go number 2 i have what looks like semen come out of my penis. is this bad?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Enteritis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from Enteritis, which is infection of the intestines. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics for it. The ideal antibiotic would be a combination antibiotic like ciporfloxacin with tinidazole for 5 days. I would also like you to undergo tests like complete blood count and stool routine. Please approach your physician with my suggestion. For now 1. Avoid oily food 2. Drink plenty of water, atleast 8 glasses a day 3. Avoid milk and milk products I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards

Follow-up: What could be the cause for semen discharge during bowel movements? 2 hours later
Thank you. I looked it up but it did not say anything about discharge from the penis just the anus. Though I'd run that by you incase you missed it or something.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply I am sorry, it looks like I have understood your query wrong. Let me go back on that. Please get back to me with the following 1. Does this happen during morning times or everytime you pass stools? 2. Do you have burning while passing urine ? 3. Are you sexually active ? Any history of night fall? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards

Follow-up: What could be the cause for semen discharge during bowel movements? 5 minutes later
It happens every time I pass a stool. Also I do not have burning while urinating. And I am not sexually active.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the quick reply At times while passing stools there is pressure over the seminal vesicles and prostate ( sexual organs that help in formation of semen), this in turn causes secretion which escapes through the urinary passage. No treatment required for this. 1. Have high fibre diet, that is diet rich in fruits and vegetables this will help you prevent straining while passing stools. One banana a day helps as well 2. Drink plenty of water, 6-8 glasses of water per day I hope I was of help Regards

Follow-up: What could be the cause for semen discharge during bowel movements? 1 minute later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Happy to be of help Good day