What could be the cause for redness in ear and runny nose?
User rating for this question
My son has one ear that is really red and hot to the touch. He's also had a runny nose, been more fussy than normal but hasn't been running a temp. I'm out of town at the moment and can't take him to his Dr. Do I need to take him to the ER or wait until I get back and schedule an apt with his Dr?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Apply calamine over ear. Give combination of ibuprofen with paracetamol 2 times a day. Wait for 24 hours. In case symptoms persist take him to ER. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Wishing your child good health. God bless..
People also viewed
- New born baby damaged by loud music
- Jaundice related to acute food poisoning
- Mild fever and mild stomach ache
- Toddler butt pain and light colored bowel movement
- Ears blocked and runny nose
- What causes runny nose
- My child tells me his armpit hurts
- Acute follicular tonsillitis investigations
- What causes runny nose after eating
- What causes runny nose sneezing after colonoscopy
- Acupressure for brain tumor
- Does clomid and diaformin actually work
- Child acute tummy pain everyday
- Ears plugged and runny nose
- Mucus blood in diaper