What could be the cause for pain in left rib cage?

I have had pain in my left rib cage for a couple of months now. I went and had a chest x ray as well as a CBC, all negative. My bottom left ribs keep popping out of joint so to speak but when I touch them it seems as though the pain is actually in between my ribs. It's causing pretty ruff pain. When I rub between this side of my ribs I can feel small bubbles that crack under my fingers... What can this be????
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Four possibilities Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I my opinion there are four possible conditions cause you such symptoms. Firstly, it may be chest infection. However, you have ruled it out with chest X ray and CBC. I would advise for a CT scan of the chest because x ray may not be enough. Secondly, Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) is a condition, which presents with similar symptoms. A gastroscopy will help in diagnosing the condition. If so, avoid spicy and greasy food. Proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole are advised. Third possibility is pancreatitis (Inflammation of the pancreas). Smoking and alcohol intake may be the cause. Blood test like serum amylase and lipase will help in the diagnosis. Fourthly kidney stone. Ultrasound of the KUB is needed for the diagnosis. Consult your doctor and ask for the above mentioned test. Based on the diagnosis your doctor will help in the treatment of the condition. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.