What could be the cause for orange urine?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have been in pain and cramps for a few days now but now my urine is orange and it looks oily, I have never experienced this before, any suggestions?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dehydration can cause Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Cramps are often caused by overuse, dehydration, or nutritional deficiencies. Dehydration can cause concentrated urine which can then take on an orange colour. Following measure will help- *Drink fluid-An electrolyte imbalance can be the cause of muscle spasms, so rehydrating with an electrolyte drink can help restore balance. *Stretch the affected muscle with a mild, static stretch. *Use ice to numb the pain in a cramp, reducing inflammation and allowing the muscle to relax. *Bring the affected muscle into a relaxed position and apply direct compression to the cramp. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care