What could be the cause for one side body pain from neck to leg?

Hello doctor Would like to check the reason for my pain. Ver frequently complete left portion of my body starts paining. It starts from neck n shoulder then reaches to hand till leg. I went to doctor but they suggested me pain killers. It will go off with them but comes back again. This is happening for me from last few months. Please suggest me what could be the problem.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please get MRI Brain and Cervical Spine done Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of your problems; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, may I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- # Your age, medical history, allergies if any, and current medications, if any. # Any history of pain in neck, headaches, vomiting, blurred vision, low grade fever, or fits? # Veg/non-veg? # Any other associated problem(s) which you feel is unrelated to your condition or is very minor? # Any problems in bowel movements or urinary problem? Nevertheless, from the brief information provided, just two possibilities come to the mind at present :- * Compression over the spinal cord due to either, disc herniation, cervical spondylosis, vertebral abnormalities, growths etc.. * A lesion (tubercular, a growth, blood vessel abnormality or presence of a worm called neurocysticerci) in the brain. I therefore recommend that you get an MRI Brain and High Cervical Spine (neck region); chest X-ray (for evidence of tuberculosis, if any) at the earliest. Additional information will provide valuable information to narrow down the likeliest cause. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Awaiting your reply. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What could be the cause for one side body pain from neck to leg? 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for the detailed explanation Here are few other details you requested. Im 28 years n no allergies as such except minor sinus. Im not using any medicines. History about pain, having this pain i.e. Complete left portion from almost 8 months. It comes every now and then when i get stressed n then goes away after 10 to 15 days. I dint take any medocines till now. Im a vegetarian Bowel movements are fine n no urinary problem Thanks XXXXX
Brief Answer: Get advised investigations done at the earliest Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX In the light of the new information, I think I am in the right direction. The likeliest possibilities are as mentioned above. Please get the advised investigations (MRI of Brain and Cervical region; Chest X-ray) done at the earliest and revert back to me with the reports. Have a nice day. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal