What could be the cause for nose itching and blood clots inside?

For the past 7 days my left nose is itching and I can see blood clumps once/twice in a day. Looks like an inflammation. Tried saline irrigation. Little improvement is seen. No cough. Nose blocks during night. Need your suggestion.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: needs physical evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Yes, there definitely seems an inflammation in your nose. It can be a fungal or bacterial infection. It needs to be checked by an ENT specialist. There may be gross Deviated nasal septum (DNS) or bend in the nasal bone that is causing the nose blocks. Without waiting any further, I suggest you to consult an ENT specialist and get it evaluated. I would suggest you to stop the saline irrigation as it is not helping you much. Further, it may cause damage to your nasal mucosa causing more bleed. Get well soon. Regards,