What could be the cause for localized numbness in left arm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sometime yesterday, I developed some localized numbness in my left arm but now it is isolated from the elbow down to my hand except for my thumb. I am 42y/o Female. I had surgery on my Left arm in 09'following an accident. (slap tear 75%and my bicep tendon was slapped off of the bone, there were numerous micro tears as well). I don't feel any palpations .. and I am not short on breath. I have no idea what could be causing this and I don't want to waste anyone's time in a hospital/doctors office. Thank you for your time.. XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi -10 hours later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to MRI cervical spine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case . Due to compression of nerve root there can be tingling numbness in your arm and pain. I will advise you to MRI cervical spine for better diagnosis. Another possibility of vascular obstruction to arm, for this clinical examination may be required. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.