What could be the cause for itching sensation around my anus?

General Surgeon
I have a very itchy bottom area and some clear colour discharge ,that seems to occur . Can you suggest what it may be
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhoids. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Itching around the anus is usually a symptom of hemorrhoids. Usually they are invisible as are hidden inside the anus. Hemorrhoids usually appear due to constipation, pushing hard on stool, steady lifestyle or after pregnancy. Clear color discharge is a mucus which is also quite characteristic for constipation or irregular bowel movements. Sometimes a discharge from the rectum is a symptom of some large intestine lesion like a polyp. I suggest you to consult a doctor, have rectal examination and consider colonoscopy. In a meanwhile please increase fiber rich products, mineral water intake. Try OTC hemorrhoids suppositories. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.