What could be the cause for increase in elevated heart rate?

my heart rate is now 115 but is usually 60 my age is 73
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: Thank you for sending the question. I am very concerned that your resting heart rate is this elevated. I would recommend that you report to your local emergency room for immediate evaluation to see if you have developed some type of abnormal heart rhythm. Sometimes heart rhythms can become abnormal without significant symptoms. This includes such things as atrial fibrillation. I think it is worth the investment of time to report to your local medical facility for evaluation. Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns related to this. Thank you again for sharing your healthcare concern with us. Dr. Galamaga