What could be the cause for high readings in liver panel test?

General Surgeon
Hi.. My mother has got very high levels in her Liver Panel test today. Mouth is dry (No saliva) and have a vomit feeling through out the day. Is feeling extreme weakness. I have got the pdf copies a report. Pls let us know where to send it. She is having Cold and cough and headache since Monday.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult General Surgeon for further management Detailed Answer: Hi Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of your day Thanks for providing the detailed reports. After going through the reports, i would conclude the following problem. 1.Obstructive Jaundice: Significant elevation in Liver enzymes,with elevated direct bilirubin point towards considering the diagnosis of Obstructive Jaundice. Its likely to be due to some blockage in Common bile dict( duct carrying bile from Liver to Duodenum). It requires further assesmnet by getting Ultrasound abdomen followed by Magnetic resonance Cholngiopancreatogram(MRCP) to know the cause for blockage I would suggest you to consult General Surgeon or Surgical Gastroenterologist for further management. 2. She has elevated LDL cholesterol level: Will require lipid lowering agent in consultation with your Physician 3. Elevated blood sugar: Consult Diabetologist For the cough and cold i would suggest you the following 1. Steam Inhalation: 15-20 minutes every time 3 times a day 2. Warm Saline Gargling: to a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoons of salt and make her gargle her throat thrice a day. 3. Paracetamol can be given for headache Do consult Surgical Gastroenterologist/General Surgeon for further management. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon