What could be the cause for headache and walking imbalance problems?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that your CT scan findings do not suggest any serious neurological problem. Lacunar infarct means a small area of reduced blood supply to brain, and would require use of aspirin tablets. In addition, any risk factor such as high BP, sugar or cholesterol should be controlled. Frontal lobe atrophy refers to mild shrinkage of brain, which is normal with age (after 40). If the atrophy is severe, memory impairment may occur. Ethmoid sinusitis refers to a sinus infection. Both lacunar infarct and ethmoidal sinusitis could cause headache. Lacunar infarct could lead to imbalance. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Follow-up: What could be the cause for headache and walking imbalance problems? 39 hours later
Can I recover from an old lacunar infarction? Will I regain balance and strenght? What to do?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can recover. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Lacunar infarctions are minor problems in the brain. You need to be on aspirin and control any risk factors such as high BP, sugar and cholesterol. You should do physiotherapy- regular exercises, gait and balance training, to regain your strength and balance. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow-up: What could be the cause for headache and walking imbalance problems? 7 minutes later
Can I drink a glass of rum say 2 times a week? Now I am controlling smoking around half pack a day.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Both alcohol and smoking can adversely affect brain functions. So, it would be better to reduce or avoid them as much as possible. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
People also viewed
- Sebaceous hyperplasia penis shaft
- Fingertips are numb after doing ecstasy
- Shivering headache what could be the cause
- Gliosis on mri from concussion
- What could cause imbalance headache and strange sound in ears
- Spasm bottom of sternum
- Pounding neck of hypertemsion
- Increased salivatio as a hypertension symptoms
- How long do epidural steroids stay in your body
- Nerve pain and twitching from p.m.s. ?
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- Headache while walking fainting episode what is the problem
- Hypersensitive painful throa throat
- Hypersensitivity reaction to veet
- Headache without eye problem what is causing this headache