What could be the cause for feeling of something stuck on back side of tongue?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Continues feeling of something stuck on back side of tongue like a dry feeling or something like a pop corn kernel for 2 months now. Think I c a bumb behind back left arch of mouth any advice
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: looks like swelling at back of your tongue Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case, As per your history and symptoms it looks like there can be swelling at back of your tongue or on posterior aspect of throat. Primarily you can take analgesic with anti-inflammatory like enzomac plus. Do betadine gargles. If there is no improvement in symptoms then you need to consult ENT surgeon for clinical examination and further investigation. If there is swelling you may need MRI or FNAC of swelling. If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What could be the cause for feeling of something stuck on back side of tongue? 20 hours later
Could it be a polyp or taste bud i have no other symptoms

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be benign polyp Detailed Answer: Hello again, Yes it can be benign polyp,you should do clinical examination and confirm it. If there are no symptoms you can just observe size of swelling once diagnosis is confirmed. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.