What could be the cause for fainting and cold sweats?
User rating for this question
For the last 2 month, when standing or walking short distances I feel like fainting if I don't sit down. In the same time my entire upper body feels like devoid of blood, became very pale and get cold sweat. I'm under supervision of heart doctor and he is not finding anything wrong cardiologic and sugested to look for other reasons why I feel what I feel.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Few other causes need s to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Provided cardiac cause of fainting has been ruled out other causes can be- -due to dehydration (frequently missed) -orthostatic hypotension (fainting especially during standing/upright position) -neurologic problems like transient ischemic attack -any abnormality in the balance mechanisms(vestibular disturbances) In my opinion these are common causes of fainting and needs to eliminated. Consult a neurologist so that this can be diagnosed. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- My babys poop smells like tuna
- What causes cold sweats
- Medicne for loose motion six month baby
- Loss motion problem in 7 month baby
- What are the causes of dizziness cold sweat
- Why does my 3 year old heart beat so fast
- What causes cold sweat dizzy and faint during night
- What could be the cause for fainting and cold sweats
- What causes cold sweats and headaches
- Baby lotion for wound
- When will a doctor induce due to blood pressure 14080
- Why does the left side of my chest itch
- 6 month old baby low temp
- Why does my heart beat fast after i wake up
- Why does my heart hurts when i just woke up