What could be the cause for fainting and cold sweats?

For the last 2 month, when standing or walking short distances I feel like fainting if I don't sit down. In the same time my entire upper body feels like devoid of blood, became very pale and get cold sweat. I'm under supervision of heart doctor and he is not finding anything wrong cardiologic and sugested to look for other reasons why I feel what I feel.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Few other causes need s to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Provided cardiac cause of fainting has been ruled out other causes can be- -due to dehydration (frequently missed) -orthostatic hypotension (fainting especially during standing/upright position) -neurologic problems like transient ischemic attack -any abnormality in the balance mechanisms(vestibular disturbances) In my opinion these are common causes of fainting and needs to eliminated. Consult a neurologist so that this can be diagnosed. Hope this helps.