What could be the cause for crawling sensation inside my brother's body?

Hi doctor like my brother has sensation like something is crawling inside his body since 1 year.first it was on legs then he feels that sensation like ant is crawling or is inside her penis.while going for loo he feels incomfortable.can u help me regarding this which doctor to consult and what the procedure he will follow for diagnosis
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consult Dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Your Brother has crawling sensation inside his body for last one year. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for clinical examination. If there is anything physical over the skin, then he may require some blood tests and scrapping may be required for diagnosing the condition. Hook worm infestation, scabies, bugs are mostly seen. If all comes out to be normal, then he can be suspected for Morgellons disease. In this sufferers have delusion that some insect or parasite is crawling inside their body but in reality no such things are present. There may be formication, biting, rashes or sores on the skin which are due to constant itching. A psychiatrist have to be consulted for this. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.