What could be the cause for cracked skin during retraction of foreskin?

Jul 2016

I've had this pain for about a week now it's when I pull my forskin back on my penis it's looks to be like the skin is cracked an it stings bad an is now swollen ?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be infection of Foreskin(Posthatitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have difficulty in retraction of foreskin and it is swollen since one week. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you have sex or vigorous masturbation before having this problem? 2) Have you ever tested your blood sugar levels to rule out diabetes.? 3) Is there any discharge from Urethra? Mostly It is likely to be due to infection of the foreskin (Posthatitis) Please consult qualified Urologist and get following basic tests done. 1) Routine Urine 2) Swab test and culture of a discharge from urethra. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.