What could be the cause for brain shutdown with no control over body parts?

Hi my wife is 38. Sometimes i have a brain sutdown that i can feel it coming. I only hear and see. Cant control my body parts and my hands and feet feels cold. With this i feel that im sufficating but when the medic team comes. Blood presure, o2 levels and sugar are normal. After a while incan feel thatbits going away and im gaining feeling and control again. When its over i feel very tierd and exhosted . Is this streas whereu body just shuts down or could it be a physical problem that needs to be attended
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The symptoms are suggestive of seizure disorder Detailed Answer: Hi Mr.XXXXX, Thanks for your query. From the information provided by you, I strongly feel that you are suffering from seizure disorder (either absence seizure or simple partial seizure). It may be due to either a lesion in the brain (such as, tubercular lesion or a worm- called neurocysticercosis); or, idiopathic - due to imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Please get an MRI Scan AND EEG done. If MRI shows a lesion, a serological test for cysticerci will confirm presence of the worm; which can be killed by 28 days' treatment. However, it can also be due to Acute Panic Reactions in those who have severe mental stress/anxiety and depression. This condition can be brought under control with a regular course of anti-anxiety drug + anti-depressant drug. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agrees with my opinion and clinical acumen; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal