What could be the cause for bleeding in nose?

ENT Specialist
hello about a 2 weeks ago I was headbutted by a 2 yr old baby since then I have seen my gp on 3 occasions regarding the pain and bleeding episodes I keep having and extreme pain prior to the nose bleeds...... what would be causing this ? I have had a lot of surgical treatment to my nose in the past, I had a septoplasty and a rhinoseptoplasty due to a deviated septrum plus a tonsiletomy twice as they grew back plus I have had my adeniods removed twice fo the same reason. what could be causing the bleeding as its not all the time I have stopped the Flixonase as directed by my gp but its still happening could the baby of done more damage then we thick ? I am very scared she has... also I have salivary gland stones I have had all the tests confirming it is it likely my ent would agree to remove the gland as im getting extreme pain from it
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 8 days later
Brief Answer: An endoscopic examination can help more Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You are having bleeding after trauma to nose and this is common problem. The reason in your case I think can be loose fractures fragment of bone which has not yet healed or as laceration in nose which is taking time to heal. In case it is severe, an endoscopic examination by ENT will put more light on it. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: What could be the cause for bleeding in nose? 3 hours later
hello thank you for answering I have another question I suffer from salivary gland stones and currently having a flare would my ent surgeon remove the gland as since last July ive not have one week off antibiotics due to the swelling and great deal of pain which isn't getting better at allworse if anything im very scared and no one is giving me answer s what can they do I had a scan which showed the gland was and is very damaged im very scared
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Sialoendoscopy is another option Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. You are on lot of medicines, so please get a coagulation profile done in consultation with your ENT. This is regarding your bleeding episodes. Usually the injured areas heal in some time. Regarding salivary gland stones, the excision of the gland is an option but another option is sialoendoscopy and removal of stone if possible. So, please consult an ENT who is doing salivary gland endoscopy and this option can be availed in selective cases. But the facility is usually available in select hospitals. Bothe the above stated options should be availed after getting the infection under control. Please drink plenty of water and avoid long periods of dehydration. Feel free to ask another query.