What could be the cause for bleeding from my vagina after an injury?

Mar 2013
About 7 years ago i was using my body as a weight for my cousin to excersize on, on one of his excersize machines. He accidently put me down a bit to quickly and my vagina hit the machine. I didnt feel any pain but felt like i needed to go to the toilet quickly. I then noticed that i was bleeding heavily from my vagina. My period was due a week later. Should i get checked up to see if I'm ok or....?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: PLEASE HAVE A CHECK UP Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Firstly I think there is an error in the question typed. AM sure it is not ' 7 years ' ago. Could it be 7 ' hours ' that you meant, since that makes much more sense. Yes, if you recently had injury to the vagina followed by heavy bleeding, you should get a check up. It could be a vaginal laceration or a vaginal haematoma ( blood collection internally ). You might have had a urethral injury too, as it is quite close by. As your period was not due for a week yet, and you had the injury followed by the bleeding immediately, yes, a check up should be conducted as soon as possible. All the best. Looking forward to hearing your input. Take care.
Follow-up: What could be the cause for bleeding from my vagina after an injury? 8 minutes later
It was 7 years ago. I've only decided now to look into what my have happened and if I will still be able to have children. Sorry i mean i want to get it checked into as i am engaged and wanting to know if i could still have kids. As far as i know i am fine and everything is operating fine but not sure if it did any permanent damage.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: If it happened 7 years ago, do not worry. If you have been having regular periods ever since, no problems in urinating and no abnormal pain or swelling, you are fine. Are you sexually active? If you have no problems during intercourse, that is further assurance that you are fine. Dont worry about something that happened 7 years back, there is no reason you would have difficulty in conception. YOu can go ahead and have a pre pregnancy check up, but there is no damage likely after all these years, if the interim period has been uneventful. Take care