What could be the cause breathing problems with low blood pressure ?

my mother is having a breathing problem..her blood pressure is very low..
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

In view of the symptoms of breathing problems and low BP, the possibility of 'Congestive Heart Failure' (CHF) is likely. It needs to be ruled out by doing an X-ray chest and echocardiography of the heart.

CHF is a condition in which the heart can no longer pump enough blood to the rest of the body. It may cause shortness of breath, cough, swelling of feet and irregular pulse and low BP.

The second possibility is of a primary lung problem for which a pulmonary function test and x-ray chest should help.

Treatment will depend on the underlying cause for which I will suggest consulting a physician at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.