What could be outcome of taking Xanax after drinking wine and beer ?

Hello, I am a 27 year old female 5'6" 155lbs. My question is about Xanax. I had three glasses of wine around 5hrs ago and then one beer two hours ago. Without thinking, I took my .25mg Xanax for anxiety. Am I going to be ok?I don't feel intoxicated and I took Xanax thirty minutes ago.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
The most common problem seen after taking xanax with alcohol is that of a respiratory depression. The wine and beer you took must have got well absorbed by your stomach by now and would be in your blood now.
You need to monitor yourself for any breathing difficulties and rush to ER immediately in case this happens- which is less likely now that it has been half an hour since you took xanax.
To increase the excretion of alcohol out of your body through urine, you can drink a cup of vinegar and if nothing happens in next two hours then you can go to sleep.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.