What could be multiple small freckles that spread fast?

Panicked! Strange black spots appeared on my daughter after yard work. They looked like freckles or flat moles Sunday. Now they are festering. Not a typical poison ivy reaction as she's had in the past. Reg doc prescribed topical ointment. Seems to be causing it to SPREAD, what might this be?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later

Multiple small freckles that are spreading fast and started festering can be due to a widespread allergic reaction in response to exposure to any antigen in the yard.

Such wide spread reactions do need immediate medical attention and management as sometimes they cause such a great fluid loss from the body that the person can even collapse.

Systemic anti allergics, steroids and i.v. fluids are needed to control such reactions.

I strongly recommend you to attend an ER for an early diagnosis and treatment so that severity of the reaction can be controlled well in time.

Meanwhile keep on giving her plenty of fluids orally.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.