What could be done to get immediate relief for headache due to gastric problem?

Sep 2013

there are several remedies prescribed here to tackle gastric problem, i want to kno what could be done to get immediate relief if the headache is due to this gas moving upside in the body, also if a person can not take pain killers like disprin as it causes more gas formation...??? also suggest lifstyle to be followed and medications for GERD and H pyroli...??
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment for hyper acidity .

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXX.
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
If I were your treating doctor for this severe gastric pain ,I would come up with following advise , these includes.
1 Try raising the head of your bed about 4 inches with blocks.It also might help to avoid eating or drinking 2 hours before you lie down.To help control the stomach acid one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them or eat chocolates or spicy or greasy or junk foods.Also take some antacid ( if contains oxytaciane , very good) but if , symptoms are very severe as in your case you may need proton pump inhibitors .(Now a days rabeprazole +diclofenac available in combination).
All above mentioned measures help you in GERD and H. Pylori.
2 If headache persist for some more time then local anesthetic cream will help you without any side effect .
This will immediately relieve the headache. You may need anxiolytic drugs for some time ( if headache is intense )
3 Frequent (repeated ) small morsel also reduces gastric acid.
Hope I have answered your question. If further any question I will help.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Follow-up: What could be done to get immediate relief for headache due to gastric problem? 3 hours later
I want to know if headache after having indigestion or dyspepsia is really connected to the gastric problem...means if this headache is a result of too much of gas produciton in stomach...??
Brief Answer:
Hyper acidity i.e. indigestion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXX.
You are right that this pain is related to indigestion or gas formation , how ?
When there is hyper acidity or gastritis , there develops autonomic disturbance and this causes visceral pain and this develops pain in head .
If not hyper acidity ( gas formation ) , no visceral pain , no headache .
So try to avoid as things as mentioned in previous reply.
Hope you will satisfy , if further any question I will reply.
Good luck. Dr. HET