What could be causing itchy hives on the body?

last 4 days once a day hive are appearing my different part of body and goes away...itchy most of places. I feel this is because of cold wheather. I am taking anti allergy tablet once a day when I feel it rashes.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be due to allergy . Detailed Answer: Hi! Thank you for posting your query, I understood your problem as you said you are getting hives, which are nothing but multiple small raised rashes on the body.These are usually due to allergy to some food items or to some medicines which one is taking .At times it could also be because of any infection in the body which can be worms in the stomach or tooth decay or fungal infection is groins.Rarely it is autoimmune also and no exact cause could be found. In such cases I usually prefer antihistaminic tablet like cetrizine(10mg) ,levocetrizine(5mg) or fexofinadine (180mg).These are taken orally as once a day or if sever twice a day.One should also try to find the cause of the problem though difficult. In certain cities there are facilities for allergy testing or immunological testing which you can go for .These may not be 100% perfect but can give you a clue to the problem. Kindly keep a track of what all you eat and try to find as to what could be the probable culprit. I would suggest you to consult a good dermatologist and discuss your problem in detail.These medicines mentioned by me are prescription based medicines and can only be prescribed by a qualified doctor. Hope I've answered your query. Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Regards, Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.