What could be causing hand numbness in the morning?
User rating for this question
When I wake up in the morning my hands are completly numb. Im not sleeping on them. They are typically at my side, not over my bidy. This has just starting happening recently. Why could these be occuring?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: List of causes and investigations listed for you Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I can understand your concern and am here to help you with the most common causes for such a presentation and the investigations that can be conducted to diagnose/rule them out. They are: -Vitamin B12 deficiency (one of the most common causes; especially in individuals with constant diarrhea, colon resection, vegetarian diet, etc.) - check serum vitamin levels -Diabetes (blood glucose profile) -Circulatory disorders (coagulation profile and Doppler ultrasound scan of the affected region will help with diagnosis) -Stroke (will have more permanent numbness and paralysis, not temporary, which disappears in a while) -Vascular conditions (the Doppler ultrasound scan mentioned earlier will help) I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Do schedule an appointment with a neurologist and request for the above mentioned investigations. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for running nose
- Drugs/medication for chronic prostatitis
- Numb toes twitching eye spots
- What could be the cause of hand numbness and dizziness
- Noticeable vein on temple and by eye
- Drugs/medication for liver injury
- Cocaine cause hand numbing
- Drugs/medication for pituitary tumors
- Drugs/medication for pseudo folliculitis
- Pregnacy symptoms eye twitching
- Hand numbness causes
- What could be causing hand numbness in the morning
- Red eyes related to stroke
- Lortab causing hand numbness
- 6 year old eye twitch