What could be causing dizziness and balance problem?

Hi ~ for the last 3 days I am very dizzy and feel like I have "bed spins' when I lay down, and when I get up I have to go really slow and almost have to catch myself from being unbalanced. This has never happened before, I am 41 and the only thing I can think of was 5 days ago I had a massage and then went out with friends and had a few glasses of wine (normally not a drinker) I have been hydrating with water all week but still dizzy... thanks.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: 3-5 days' treatment will cure your problem Detailed Answer: Hi there, From the details provided, you are apparently suffering from a benign, non-life-threatening condition called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). BPPV is the most common disorder of the inner ear’s vestibular system, which is a vital part of maintaining balance. BPPV is benign, meaning that it is not life-threatening nor generally progressive. BPPV produces a sensation of spinning called vertigo that is both paroxysmal and positional, meaning it occurs suddenly and with a change in head position. THERE IS NO CAUSE OF PANIC OR WORRY, AS IT WILL GO AWAY IN MAXIMUM OF 5-7 DAYS' TIME. An Anti-histaminic drug, such as, Betahistine 16 mg THRICE daily, along with Prochloraperazine 5mg TWICE daily for 3-5 days, will give you 100% relief within 48-72 hours. Hope you find my response helpful and informative. Do not hesitate in reverting back to me if you have further queries. I will be happy to help you. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal