What could a pink or bloody show in cervical mucus the day after intercourse mean?

what could a pink or bloody show in cervical mucus the day after intercourse mean?
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
A bloody show in cervical mucus after intercourse might be due to many reasons like-

1. The cervix is inflamed- a chronic inflammation due to chronic white discharge

2. The intercourse was by chance very hard which caused it to bleed. It can be a healthy cervix also.

3. Cervical dysplasia- irregular growth of cervical epithelium causing it to bleed on touch. This can be ruled out on PAP smear.

4. Cervical carcinoma- An abberrant and abnormal growth of cervical tissue with excessive vascularity making it prone to bleeds.

5. Vaginal infections- may be bacterial or fungal causing a fragile vaginal mucosa causing the bleeding.

To rule out all of the above, an appointment with a gynaecologist is a must.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: What could a pink or bloody show in cervical mucus the day after intercourse mean? 27 minutes later
I am not bleeding at all....I had my period from 9/1 - 9/5......feeling or felt no pain what so ever...intercourse was not by any means hard or tubes are were banded not cut. Could it be possible that an egg actually was released into my uteris? Would that cause a small amount of pink streaks to appear in the mucus?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If there is no active bleeding then there is nothing to be worried about. With the tubes banded, the ovulation is not likely to happen on day 9 and the ovulation does not cause any uterine bleeding until implantation has occured. So, please do not worry. This is likely to subside on its own without treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.