What could a painful, small lump in right chest be?

Off late, I feel a small lump in my right chest and started paining slightly last night. Could this be a cause for concern.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX As your question is not very clear, I need some more information so that I can guide you further: Where exactly the lump located, which region of the chest? did you mean the right breast? When did you notice the lump? since how long? what is the size of the swelling? Is the lump mobile or fixed on feeling it? Is there is any discharge associated with it? Is the pain present throughout the day or its on & off? Do you have lump in any other region? like axillary or groin? Do you have any family history of cancers? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: What could a painful, small lump in right chest be? 4 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX Please find below the answers for ur questions: The lump is located on my right breast on top. About a marble size and its fixed in one place. There are no discharge. The pain was there only one night and I realised about this lump a week back. There are no history of any cancer in my family but yes, there are heart disease history. My mom passed away due to cardiac arrest when she was affected by vascular disease. My dad got an attack 5 years ago and is on medication now. Hope to have answered your questions. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: seems to be BENIGN mass Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, from your description of the breat lump it seems to be some benign condition like Fibroadenoma. I feel currently you need not worry, but keep a track of the lump and reassess to know whether the lump is increasing or decreasing in size. Best is to get physically examined by an OBGY specialist, depending on the findings they might advise you to get a scan done to rule out what exactly the mass is, mainly to rule out solid or cystic mass. From your description of the lump and family history it looks like some benign mass. Kindly do not worry. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!