What could a painful lump on breast be?

It started a month back. I had little pain when I touched/pressed by nipples. I felt that there was a circular lump kind of thing. My left nipple/breast is perfectly fine today. But the lump in the right side is still there. It pains only when I press it. Otherwise it does not. What should I do?? Anything serious?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX It does not seem to be anything serious. Since it is painful, it seems like an abscess in the breast tissue. To be sure you need further evaluation like an ultrasound of the lesion. It may be followed by a drainage (if it is fluid from inside) or lumpectomy (excision of the lump) by a surgeon. You may wait for a few days and see if it resolves on its own. If it does not resolve, then you may either want to live with it or go for a consultation with a surgeon. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee