What changes heart beats when suffering from anxiety?

Hello I am a 17 year old boy and I've been really worried about my health lately.....I was diagnosed with anxiety before all this happened. My doctor told me that all I had was anxiety because I was feeling that my heart pounded slightly fastand I went to take a cardiogram test and everything came out good.....then I went to take a STRESS test and it turned out that my heart was at a 96% which is almost perfect.....and I'm glad for that.....but lately my hearts pounds are a little too weak and if I can barely hear it even when I'm laying down I can barely feel it.....whats really weird is that back then when I didnt have any anxiety my heart pounds were normal I could hear it any time feel it any time and now I cant even hear it or feel like too weak or soft and ive been feeling head pression and im not sure if its all just anxiety or it could be really something wrong with me
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: EKG/ECG recommended, but I feel all is fine sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I can understand your cause for concern, and often individuals diagnosed to have anxiety report frequent changes with their heart beat/rhythm and on investigation, all is found to be normal. What I would suggest is, the next time you experience this slow or soft heart beat, try reporting to a clinic/hospital or a doctor at the earliest and request for an EKG/ECG immediately, which would record your heart beat and rhythm, and would be able to predict the health of your heart. Just request for an experienced doctor to interpret the result for you, to make sure all is well. But, in my opinion there should be nothing wrong with you sir. Please do not stress over this, you are too young to be worrying about all this, and your heart is too young to be faced with disease. Enjoy life to the fullest, there is a lot of time to worry later on in life, worries only prevent you from doing that. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes and live life to the fullest sir!!!
Follow-up: What changes heart beats when suffering from anxiety? 5 hours later
thank you so much and I also have another question....ever since I had anxiety I always had this head pression as if my head feels doesnt hurt or anything it just feels heavy...could this be normal symptoms of anxiety or something else. ...
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mostly nothing to worry about sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. This an be related to anxiety, but if this is something that repeats often then it is best to visit a neurologist during this attack, and get examined. The neurologist would want to physically examine you, which will help him to predict whether or not this is something to worry about. Although in most cases, this is nothing to worry about. Very rarely the neurologist relates this to a change in the vessels of the brain, which can be easily treated. But still nothing serious sir. I hope this information helps you sir. Please write back to me for any further help sir. Best wishes.
Follow-up: What changes heart beats when suffering from anxiety? 28 hours later
I really hope is not lile a tumor in my brain.....lile a month ago before my anxiety started they did a test on me for sinusitis and they did an x ray in my head and they didnt find anything wrong you think they wouldve told me apmething by then or tumors grow faster then what I thought?? today im having a little bit of fever idk whats the cause of it but im really scared and im going to a doctor to see whats going on but he knows I suffer from I told you they gave me an ekg and everything sas fine even an stress test with a result of 96% percent which is really good right?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: I do not think this is a tumor Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. In my opinion, a tumor would not grow this fast. And also, I feel that the headaches could possibly be related to the cause for the fevers. This could be a simple infection, stress, etc. But highly unlikely to be a tumor in your brain. Yes of course, your heart seems to be in impeccable state, which indeed is great news. Do not worry about anything being wrong with your brain sir, it is good that you have scheduled an appointment with your doctor as well, as he/she can examine and diagnose the cause for the same, which should be something simple and harmless. I hope my response helps to put you at ease. Please feel free to continue writing to me sir, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.