What causes zigzag lines in the lateral portion of eyes?
User rating for this question
starting 20 september 2013 i have expirienced episodes of seeing bright lights, flicking light, zig zag lines (sometimes colorful) in the lateral portion of both eyes (different times) nausea, vomitting, dizziness, accompanied by temporary blindness. one episode caused permanant visual field defect in the medial quadrant of right eye. these epsisodes of vision loss are also accomanied by migraine like symptoms, such as sensitivity to light, sound and severe pain in the frontal and temporal portions of my head where i have to lay in a dark silent room and wait for it to go away. symptoms usually last for 1-3 days. sometimes i get a tingling sensation almost like pins and needles up my arm into my face. and my severe eye pain, feeling like pressure. feeling as the the room is shaking and moving. i have been headache - free my entire life until this first episode as well.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to recent eye&migraine episodes... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Before running into conclusion that you might be having migraine attacks, I'd suggest to get further evaluation by the neurologist and to : - do sinus X-ray to exclude sinusitis (chronic inflammation/infection of the sinuses) - check by the status of your teeth by a dentist (usually infection of the teeth root are associated with such pain) - get your eyes checked by an ophtalmologist to exclude eye problems (glaucoma, vision disorder, etc.) - get a complete blood profile to check for anemia - do not stay in front of computer or TV for long times. If you should because of your work, then, do frequent breaks (try to focus in distance) - avoid alcohol, smoking or other pain-triggering foods or drinks. - drink more water to avoid dehydration as it might be another cause. All the best! Dr.Alba
People also viewed
- Cetraben ok around eyes
- What causes pressure in eye
- What causes pink eye
- What causes eye odor
- Is pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg a side effect of loestrin 1/20?
- Is stomach or pelvic discomfort, aching, or heaviness a side effect of crinone?
- What causes zigzag lines in the lateral portion of eyes
- Is pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck a side effect of noroxin?
- What causes eye beats
- Eyelashes growing funny because of chalazia
- Is numbness or tingling in the face, arms, or legs a side effect of endometrin?
- Laser eye surgery cesarean
- Is sudden shortness of breath or troubled breathing a side effect of estratest?
- Fatigue related to cesarean surgery ncp
- Cervical stenosis and optic nerve pressure