What causes yellow fluid leaking from legs with low grade fever and how can it be treated?

I have yellow fluid leaking from my legs. I have a low grade fever. Chills and aching. I have venues ulcers and have been going to a vein clinic and have had veins closed. I also go to a MedStar wound clinic. What can I do to help get rid of this? YYYY@YYYY . My name is XXXX.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: High possibility this is an infection. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The combination of yellow colored fluid leakage and low grade fever suggest that an infection should be excluded at all cost. In your case, I think this should be the most probable cause. The fact that you are diabetic and have venous ulcers are two predisposing factors. It might be of interest to know if your blood glucose levels have been well controlled lately. Poorly controlled blood glucose levels do predispose to infection. A complete blood count to check for white blood cell levels, measurement of C reactive protein levels, direct examination and culture of discharge and a blood culture in order to identify a possible infecting germ,, in my opinion are mandatory. It is also possible this could be an infection of the lymphatic system, with flow of infected lymph. this shall however depend on the particular area touched. Please, do consult your primary care physician for: - a complete clinical review - Control of blood glucose - A complete blood count, exam of fluid, blood culture and measurement of C reactive protein to permit monitoring of the treatment course. Please, do feel free asking nay follow up questions. I am predisposed to offer mu humble contributions in making you feel better. thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain