What causes yellow colored diarrhea and rash around cheeks to 7 month old baby?

Question
My 7 month old baby has had yellow like mustard diarrhea for almost 2 days and a lil like rash around his cheek just on one side is it from teething?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: seems like a viral Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. It seems that your baby has a viral diarhea. Virals usually get better on their own. The yellow mustard is the undigested milk that is getting excreted as such. The yellow part is undigested fat and proteins. It seems that you are giving him cows milk. The rash also seems to be viral. Though if you can upload a photo of the rash, then I will be better able to help. It is not from teething. My advise is as follows: - If you are giving him cow's milk then avoid giving it for atleast one night or if possible even longer - Give him ORS-L or gatorade for rehydration especially after every bout of diarhea and vomiting - If fever is present then give him crocin syrup - When his diarhea is better, give him thick food like cerelac. These measures should help. It will get better once you have discontinued the milk for a while. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What causes yellow colored diarrhea and rash around cheeks to 7 month old baby? 51 minutes later
Hes 7 months old he drinks formula similac advance do i stop giving him that too

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not give similac Detailed Answer: Hi again, You need to discontinue formula for a while, since it is also cow milk-based formula. Just another piece of advise I will give is that some formulas have DHA and ARA which are advertised to promote brain function. But these compounds have side effects especially related to digestion. Thus I would suggest that you give him formula that does not have these compounds. Also give him cleaner drinking water since he may become prone to diarrhea. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What causes yellow colored diarrhea and rash around cheeks to 7 month old baby? 9 minutes later
Thank u

Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: Thanks for consulting. Take care. Dr Vaishalee