What causes white dots and a few red dots on my penis head inspite of having unprotected sex?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
I had unprotected sex about a week ago... I started to notice that I got 3 white dots behind the penis head and a few red dots on my penis head. To add on that my whole body is itchy. What's wrong?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: This may be herpes simplex infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Genital herpes is the most common for of STD. It is caused by herpes simplex virus. The only way to know whether they are the result of HSV or another condition is to be checked by a health care provider. Genital herpes is diagnosed with a physical exam and typically confirmed with a swab test or a blood test. Medications can reduce the duration and frequency of herpes outbreaks. They can also help reduce the risk of HSV type 2 transmission to a susceptible partner. Itching body have no relation with STD. Take care and have protected intercourse.