What causes wheezing and stuffiness after sinus infection and bronchitis?

I have sinus infection and bronchitis and been on Avelox 400 since last Sunday and today is Saturday. Also on my normal Symbicort but taking more of it. The doctor added 1 week of prednisone 10mg for 1 week. Even though I have been on the prednisone for only two days, it has helped but still have periods of wheezing and stuffiness. Is this normail or should I have another perscripstion
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need better medication. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. If you have wheezing and stuffiness, means your disease is not under control. I think that you need to take next step medication. Prednisolone cannot be given for long time, as it has serious side effect, if taken for a long time. You can discuss with your doctor to give you either same prednisolone for a short period of time or other medicines available Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok