What causes weird feeling after a groin hernia repair?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Yes i had a groin hernia repair done about three years they put a mesh in to repair it ive been feeling something weired when i push in on the repaired hernia
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to be examined to make a diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Your symptoms you describe are fairly non-specific. The results of hernia repairs are usually very good. However, they do sometimes return. It would be difficult to make a judgement based on this description. Therefore, I suggest you see your doctor who will be able to examine you and make a more informed diagnosis of the problem. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Follow-up: What causes weird feeling after a groin hernia repair? 2 minutes later
Yeah when i push in on the hernia where it was repaired at it feels like something is moving inside of my upper thigh just below the hernia
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Small possibility that this may be a recurrence. Detailed Answer: Hi, Signs of a return of your hernia would be onset of your original symptoms.Recurrence occurs in about 1-5% of hernias. If you only feel these symptoms when you press on the area and you are fine otherwise, I would suggest you do not need to worry. The tissues of your groin will be different from the other side which has not been operated on. However, as I mentioned, physical examination by your doctor will be far more informative. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger