What causes weight gain, belly girth, loose poop, frequent peeing, leg swelling and cramping?

I am 38yr old female. Past six months rapid weight gain, increase in belly girth. Having bloating, loose poop, frequent peeing. Swelling in legs and cramping. Belly feels hard, swollen. Doesn't feel normal. Help.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you thatall your symptoms can result due to thyroid abnormalities which are very common in women with your age . Although it will be very difficult to give you a diagnosis just based on the history but in my opinion you would require a whole routine blood work with special reference to S TSH , T3 , T4 levels to rule out hypothyroidism . Other thing can be fibromyalgia which can also give rise to such symptoms . Take care. Dr. Shruti