What causes vomiting,diarrhoea,headaches with lower back and stomach pain?

Jul 2016

Hi, I retired a fortnight ago and for the first week was okay, but feeling a bit lost and then I got what I thought was food poisoning and had vomiting and diarrhoea, headaches, sore lower back and stomach, Stomach sounded like the wind section of an orchestra tuning their instruments, moving from left to to right and then downwards. This lasted for two days. Third day, diarrhoea only and to a lesser extent on the fourth day. I had a dry mouth during this time and tried to keep up a liquid intake, but now it is the 6th day and I still have a dry mouth and can't seem to take enough liquids. I feel about 90% overall except for dry mouth. Skin pinch test takes a few seconds to return to normal. XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You have signs of dehydration , Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have diarrhoea and vomiting for about 3-4 days due to food poisoning or may be due to Gastroenteritis and have noticed dryness of the mouth and skin. You have signs of dehydration due to sudden loss of fluids and need to consult qualified General Physician and get following basic tests done. 1) Routine Urine test 2) Serum Electrolytes 3) Stool Examination. In the mean while take combination of Ofloxacin with Tinidazole along with antacids like Pantaprozole twice daily. Ensure to take oral rehydration drugs like Electral which is available in powder form .This will help to restore electrolyte imbalance that develops due to diarrhoea and vomiting. Ensure to drink more water to see that you pass minimum 1000 ml of urine in 24 hours. Take soft diet till your diarrhoea is well controlled. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.