What causes vomiting?

Hi, My four year old son is throwing out food after an overnight without any liquid and food is very smelly.. is it because of indigestion? What medication do you recommend?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Domperidone can be given with caution... Detailed Answer: Hi, If your son is repeatedly throwing up even small amount of fluid or if he has abdominal pain/cramps, fever or loose stool it indicates that he needs immediate medical attention. If he is ok otherwise, you can try domperidone (Domstal syrup) in a dose of 0.1mg/kg body weight and see if he feels better. In addition, avoid too spicy food. Start with bland and soft feeds. Once he is better you can introduce other food. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards