What causes vomiting with dark stool,abdominal pain and back pain?

General Surgeon
I threw up yesterday I'm pooping dark almost black poop I'm taking antibiotics Lower back pain Pain in my abdominal area when I have to go poop I have gone to the restroom every ten mins basically since yesterday
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Black (like a tarr) stool usually indicates bleed from the stomach. Upper middle abdominal pain appears, heart rate increases over 100. Vomiting with blood or dark stuff can be present. Skin gets pale. If you have such symptoms please visit ER as soon as possible. If your stool is just dark, not black, your symptomsare rather caused by some gastrointestinal infection. If the symptoms are present for more than 48 hours, stool tests, blood work and urine analysis shoud be done. Please start probiotic intake, and consider with your doctor antibiotic change. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.