What causes vomiting after each feed in a baby?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My baby is 3 month old n he vomit milk after every feed From the time he is born, i have consulted many doctors, sonce he is gaining weight in the border my doctor says nothing to worry, but I suspect it as lactose intolerance , because he keep vomiting after every feed even after burping well
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writingto health care magic. Vomiting after each feed and with weight in borderline , needs to be fully evaluated. I would suggest ultrasound abdomen to look for any intestinal or stomach outlet obstruction which can can similar symptoms. Lactose intolerance too can present with vomiting but usually has loose stools associated with it. So to me that possibility is less likely. Start with ultrasound , that will allay all your worries , if that is normal don't worry. Wishing your kid great health. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: What causes vomiting after each feed in a baby? 36 minutes later
Hi thank you very much for your reply ,, My baby stool is always a loose stools , but he pass stool only once a day or sometime once in 2 days
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If its not frequent, dont worry Detailed Answer: If stools are not frequent there is no need to worry. Get ultrasound abdomen and stool for reducing substances to rule out all problems including lactose intolerance. Regards
Follow-up: What causes vomiting after each feed in a baby? 6 hours later
Could you please name correctly which tests needs to be done and what would be the prescribed treatment if any of this condition is found positive
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 hours later
Brief Answer: see below Detailed Answer: Stool reducing substances - if positive you need to give lactose free milk for 4 weeks Ultrasound abdomen - Treatment depends on what findings the scan shows, some medically and very few may require surgery. Dr Arun