What causes visible broken capillaries on earlobes?

I have broken capillaries on one of my earlobes. Not always, but appear at times. What could be the cause?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could you please send the requested info? Detailed Answer: Hi, The broken capillaries you have on your earlobe would be because of: - as they appear at times, could be because of cold weather - if you are stressed and might have increased blood pressure - you can measure your blood pressure when you notice the broken capillaries - local skin problems of the earlobe - are you taking any medication on regular basis? If you are noticing the broken capillaries now, could you please send in a photo of them so I can assist you further? Thank you! Dr.Alba
Follow-up: What causes visible broken capillaries on earlobes? 1 hour later
Thank you for your quick response. Please find attached photo(s) just taken. Regards
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Thank you for sending in the requested photos. I have seen them and could say that the broken capillaries could be: - because to local damages (perhaps you have the habit to keep or press that part of earlobe with your fingers, especially when nervous) - possible cold weather at the area you live (causing local ischemic attacks). - use of blood thinner drugs (warfarin,aspirin,etc.) Neither the cases are malign. However, if you feel any pain or associated chest problems, I'd suggest to consult cardiologist and run cardiac tests. if no other symptom, you can wait for one more month; if no improvement, ask for dermatologist assistance. All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me again if you have further concerns! If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer!