What causes vibrations in arms and legs ?

Question
HELLO IAM A 43 YR OLD MALE IVE BEEN HAVIVG THIS VIBRATING SENSATION I MY ARMS AND LEGS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW SEEM TO OME AND GO BUT FOR THE MOST PART IS ALWAYS THERE,GOT ANY CLUE WHAT IT MIGHT BE ALSO HAVING SOME LEG WEEKNESS IN THE MORNINGS
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Follow-up: What causes vibrations in arms and legs ? 4 minutes later
iam not sure if this condition nessaraly relates to high blood pressure

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later

Vibrating sensation in the arms and legs does not seem to be related to hypertension and heart disease that you are having. It can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-

1. Spondylosis- Inflammation or age related changes in your vertebrae may cause irritation of the nerve roots coming out from vertebral column. An MRI scan or a careful examination by orthopaedician will help in diagnosis.
2.Neuritis- Can be due to raised blood sugar levels for which you need to have your blood glucose levels checked.
3. Vitamin B-complex or Methylcobalamin deficiency- A trial supplementation of these with betterment of symptoms confirms as well as treats the problem.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.