What causes vein on right side of neck to jump?
User rating for this question
What can cause a vein in the right side of your neck to jump?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Right sided Heart failure. DO investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. What you are describing seems to be elevated Jugular Venous Pressure. It is an Indirect measure of central venous pressure. Right sided Heart failure is the one of the foremost common cause of the elevated jugular pressure. Few other common causes are Renal failure Superior venacaval Obstruction ( tumour or mass in Mediastinum) Constrictive pericarditis ( Disease of layer covering the heart ) It is just a sign. We have to investigate further to identify the cause of Increase JVP. Please do the following investigations. Elctrocardiogram, Echocardiogram. Serum electrolytes, Blood Urea, Serum Creatinine, Blood Sugar. Then consult your Primary care physician to find the disease and further management. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- What causes dilated neck veins
- Does tmj cause throbbing vein in right side of neck no pain
- How long canbthe heart go without oxygen
- Acne spots appearing all over body
- What causes sharp pain in the neck vein
- What causes the left vein in your neck to hurt
- Amway product to reduce acne scars
- Why heart failure throws up
- Is antoxid good for acne treatment
- Energy drinks and heart failure
- Loss of hearing and heart failure
- Can triple antibiotic ointment clear acne
- Why do you get acne when anorexic
- Whats it like when your heart stops
- Vein in neck is jumping causes