What causes variation of systolic reading?

My diastolic bp reading is always normal or below but my systolic reading is usually between 120 and 150 - why does the systolic vary so much? I am taking losartan and metoprolol.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Systolic bp influenced by many factors than diastolic.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX You are reporting to be suffering of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and aortic stenosis and be taking losartan and metoprolol. Your systolic bp has more variation during the day as compared to the diastolic bp because systolic bp is influenced by many factors including: sleeping, stress, work, hormones, etc., more than diastolic is. However, I do not see anything worrisome in your case. In case, the bp will be at such high levels, I'd suggest to discuss with your cardiologist to start a diuretic. Hope your BP will be within the acceptable levels as you are doing now! All the best! Dr.Benard