What causes vaginal itching?

my doctor has been prescribing vitamin d I have been feeling tired lately.I have severe itching down below
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: different possible causes Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Vaginal itching can be related to different causes such as: (1)vaginal infection - for example yeast infection, this would normally be associated with a white/yellow vaginal discharge (2)dermatitis of the skin in the area. Reactions can occur to soaps/creams/detergents in clothes/feminine sprays/douches that can irritate the vaginal area and cause itching (3)it is thought that stress can also increase the sensation of vaginal itching If you are seeing a discharge , then you would need medication to treat infection. Examples are canesten, nizoral, monistat. If you are not noting any discharge, it is more likely related to a reaction to some chemical agent. You would need to determine if you have changed any agents that could be causing the problem. Eliminate any scented soaps or washes. Also eliminate any sprays or douches Use underwear that would keep the vaginal area cool. Cotton underwear is best. The use of yogurt with probiotics or probiotics on their own is thought to be helpful with vaginal infection. (2)Fatigue In terms of your tiredness, there are different possible causes such as (1)excess physical exertion, (2)infection, (3)hypothyroidism (4)inadequate sleep (5)anemia (6)diabetes (7)depression (8) vitamin d deficiency Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone pain and muscle weakness. It can also cause fatigue and may also contribute to your tiredness. If this is the cause, as the levels improve then your symptoms should improve. IF with the use of vitamin D , your symptoms of tiredness do not improve,then your doctor will check for other causes. Summary- (1)vaginal itching can be caused by a reaction to a chemical agent or infection, the treatment depends on the cause (2)there are different cause for tiredness I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions