What causes vaginal dryness,frequent urination and missed periods after sex?

I have the following symptoms:
1. The inside of my vagina is very dry and it is extremely uncomfortable.
2. It also hurts down there because of the above mentioned reasons.
3. I recently missed a period. I used a home pregnancy test and the result was negative.
4. I had sex for the first time about three months back and again a little over a month back with the same partner.
What could the disease be? Please list all of the possibilities. Are there any over the counter drugs you suggest? Are there any self checks that I can conduct without having to go to a doctor?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: What causes vaginal dryness,frequent urination and missed periods after sex? 6 minutes later
Another symptom I missed previously:

5. It feels like there is something stuck down there and also I have to pee frequently.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

The causes of vaginal dryness are reduced Estrogen secretion, Hypothyroidism, vaginitis, Diabetes, excessive intercourse. If it is present throughout the day then it can be indicative of hormone deficiency as this is the most common cause. Initial few intercourses are uncomfortable for a woman. Take time for a good foreplay and only when there is enough natural lubrication you may start with actual intercourse.

Hormonal problem you can use vaginal suppository called Replens which is a kind of vaginal moisturizer for once a day use and is available OTC. Use it for a week. During intercourse use lubricants as KY jelly or Astroglide which would make intercourse comfortable. Avoid using Petroleum jelly's as it can lead to infection.

Regarding the HPT Urine pregnancy tests may not show up early as the hormone HCG is not detectable in urine and might give false results.If you suspect to be pregnant wait for at least a week after your expected date of period and then get a Blood HCG test done for pregnancy determination.

If th vaginal dryness still persists consider visiting your Healthcare Provider to rule out any infection or hormone deficieny.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.