What causes vaginal burning?

I have had chronic health problems most of my life. Is this typical go patients with Bipolar Disorder?Bladder/vaginal burning and pain worst at home with my husband, tough he's never hurt me. IBS almost constant, even though I've been to many.many GI doctors.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please indicate pills you are taking... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Having bladder/vaginal burning is related to possible urinary tract infection (UTI) and/or genital problems. I suggest to do further examinations to rule them out and get properly treated: - abdominal ultrasound - urine analysis - vaginal swab testing Depending on the tests results, specific treatment will be prescribed including oral antibiotics, local vaginal ovules/cream. It is common for sexually active women to get such infections. Furthermore, medications you might be taking for bipolar disorder might also influence. Can you please indicate if you are taking any pill for the moment and the name? IBS is not related to any real organic damages although the fastidious symptoms you might be having. The more anxious and stressed out you are, the more you will feel the symptoms. So, the most important thing is to control stress/anxiety. Apart taking prescription drugs from your doctor, I also suggest to get helped by your family (husband, friends) to overcome stress problems. Do not worry, IBS is commonly occurring even in other people with no bipolar disorder. I also advise to: . follow healthy lifestyle and diet regimen - keep good hygiene of your genitalia - wash your genitalia immediately after having sex - can insert vaginal probiotics locally (vagina) - discuss with your doctor to apply vaginal ovules containing hormones to reduce burning Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana