Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes urine to have a strong odor?

Hi ,my urine has suddenly smelling strongly of fish (most unpleasant and I`m a male )
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Urine smell and color are not fixed characters and vary very much accornding to the hydration status and food intake. They can vary due to medication also. Even the same person can have various changes in a day itself.
If you do not have any local symptoms like buring sensation during urination or discharge then you do not need woory.
It is a normal variation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.