What causes urine leakage when suffering from disc protrusion and compressed disc?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, I have a right postertolateral disc protrusion at L5/S1 compressing the thecal sac and compressing the right nerve root causing severe lateral recess stenosis. I have pain behind my butt and back of thigh in the right leg. A slight numbness on my tiny toe. Now for the past 2days im having diorreah and a slight urine leakage in my panty. My doctor prescribed me steroids to recover fast and bedrest for 4days. I'm worried about the urine leak. Does this mean I need surgery straight away before there is more damage to the nerves? I have had this pain since now 2months. Please advise... Thanks...
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Do not worry. This slight urine leak does not seems to be related to your present problem. It doesn't means that you need surgery straight away. This slight urine leakage could be due to stress or caused by a urinary tract infection. Hope this will helps you. Take care.....